Regents athletics helps to fulfill the mission of the school by teaching the Christian way of competing and the Christian way of life as expressed through our three core values in athletics:
- Character (Gal 5:22, Rom 5:3-4, IITim 2:5, I Cor 16:13 )
- Commitment (I Cor 9:24-27, Prov 10:5)
- Community (Prov 27:17, Phill 2:3-4, I John 4:11)
The Regents Athletic Department acknowledges the following order of priorities in our school - 1) God, 2) family, 3) academics, and 4) athletics. When this order is followed, it will result in student-athletes who are balanced physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
Since Regents athletes are representatives of their team, their school, their community and more importantly, God, Regents athletics is committed to developing each individual's character as well as proper perspectives on winning and losing which are consistent with the will of God. We will be modest in victory and gracious in defeat. Winning should be one of our goals, but losing can many times present beneficial learning opportunities.
To this end, Regents strives for excellence
- programs that are well managed and well executed with a focus on discipleship - and success
- reaching maximum potential both individually and as a team - in all athletic endeavors.